COVID-19 Level 3 Directive from Bowls South Africa
Following the address by the State President you are requested to inform your respective clubs of the new level 3 restrictions announced by the State President last night.
Bowls SA received permission from the Department of Sport & Culture to operate under our level 3 protocols. These protocols are published on our website under the icon Bowls SA Covid-19 news. In summary, these are as follows.
- No gatherings at clubs.
- No alcohol sales.
- Strict health protocols, sanitizing of equipment, attendance registers to be maintained.
- Masks to be compulsory until players are on the greens playing bowls.
- Social distancing to be observed.
- Only games of singles and pairs may take place.
- Greens are restricted to 24 players. If you operate two greens the club is restricted to 48 players at any given time. No more than 50 people are permitted on the premises.
The level 3 restrictions are immediately in place and shall be reviewed by the government on 14 January 2021.
Bowls SA will review the decision to continue with the SA Masters and Inter-District Championships after the next address by the State President on 14 January 2021.
Bowls South Africa
Tel: (011) 476 6075
083 325 6436